Air Filters should be checked and cleaned on a regular basis. In order for air to flow effectively through your home or business and to allow heat to filter without hindrance, filters need to me maintained.
But if there’s one thing we can guarantee that our clients will ask it’s, “when should I change my air filter?”
The average home or property owner has no idea and often goes without changing their filter on a regular basis. This can result in increased utility costs, reduced efficiently and pose a safety hazard to your property.
So here it is, a standard rule of thumb on how often you should change your air filter depending on your lifestyle:
- Vacation home: Filters should be changed every 6-12 months
- Single occupant homes without pets or allergies: Filters should be changed every 6-12 months
- Standard suburban home without pets: Filters should be changed every 90 days
- Standard house with a pet: Filters should be changed every 60 days
- Multiple pets or notable allergies: Filters should be changed every 30-45 days
Would you like to learn more about our services? Visit our services page.